Saturday, September 14, 2013

17 Day Diet - Cycle 1, Day 1

So I kind of fucked up already.  This is a no soda diet - but I had some diet soda still around, and I didn't want to toss it. So I drank it today, along with my required water and tea.  Probably not the best way to kick things off, with a ton of chemicals, but if this is the worst that I do to myself, then it's probably okay.

I had to start my day off by going to buy all the food stuffs I needed to get this show on the road.  Grocery shopping in the suburbs on a Saturday was not a great idea.  So I got home to eat "breakfast" around noon.  This contributed to why I wanted the soda.  But here is the menu that I consumed today.

Breakfast (or lunch if we are being honest): 6 oz fat free Greek yogurt, flavored with two tablespoons of sugar free strawberry jam.  This was actually pretty good, though it could use a little more sweetness.  I will resist, in an effort to curb my sweet tooth, which is the villain.

Lunch (eaten at 3:00 pm): A weird cheese enchilada dish.  It had chicken, peppers and onions, cream cheese and enchilada sauce.  I ate it with some salsa.  Not having it with tortillas or rice was weird, and I didn't especially enjoy it.  Lucky for me, I still have three servings left!  I am tempted to toss it, but I don't like to waste food or money.

Snack: Green tea!  I missed my fruit opportunity by a few hours, so I guess I will save that for tomorrow.  Not really jonesing for apples yet anyway.

Dinner: To be determined.  I bought some asparagus and Parmesan that I thought I might make.  I also have a soup recipe I wanted to make (chicken and green chiles - yum!), but after my failed cooking experience earlier, and the fact that I still have enchiladas in the fridge, I feel like that is a no.  So it is still to be decided.  I am also supposed to have another yogurt serving, so I am considering a kefir smoothie, but that would need fruit, which is now verboten as it is 4 pm.

Choices, choices.  I will update once I have decided.


No comments:

Post a Comment